The information in today’s lesson is taken from the book “15 Secrets Successful People Know About Time Management” by New York Times bestselling author, Kevin Kruse. To my knowledge it is the only guide based on actual research into thousands of working professionals and features interviews with Mark Cuban and other billionaires, numerous Olympic athletes, straight-A students, and over 200 entrepreneurs.
The 15 Surprising Things Ultra Productive People do differently:
- They focus on _________________. There are 1440 minutes in every day. Invest every one of them intentionally.
- They set daily _________________. Identify your Most Important Task (MIT) and work in it for two hours each morning.
- Ultra productive people don’t use_________________ _________________. Do away with to-do lists, and instead schedule everything on your calendar.
- The ultra productive beat _________________. Your future-self can’t be trusted. What can you do now to make sure your future-self does the right thing?
- Ultra productive people make it home for _________________. There will always be more that can be done. Time-block your priorities and end the day guilt-free.
- Ultra productive people use a_________________. Capture everything in your notebook so your mind can stay carefree; and move to-do’s to the calendar.
- The ultra productive only check email _________________ times a day. Don’t let email or social media interrupt your flow; schedule times to read and respond to email.
- They avoid_________________ at all costs. The ultra productive minimize meetings. If they have to, they keep them short and to the point.
- The ultra productive say _________________ to almost everything. They realize that every “yes” is actually a “no” to something else.
- Ultra productive people follow the _________________ rule. They realize that 80% of outcomes come from only 20% of activities. The key then is to identify the 20% and ignore the rest.
- They delegate or ________________ almost everything. Identify your unique ability, utilize it, and outsource everything else.
- Ultra productive people have work _________________ for days of the week. Create a set day of the week schedule to focus on major areas, then batch your tasks during the day.
- The ultra productive _________________ things only once. If something will take less than 10 minutes to complete, do it immediately.
- Ultra productive people have a consistent _________________ ritual. They Wake up early and give themselves 60-minutes for mental, physical and spiritual health.
- They don’t think about _________________; they focus on _________________. Maximize your energy to maximize productivity. Focus on sleep, diet, exercise and short breaks throughout the day.
- 15 Secrets Successful People Know About Time Management by Kevin Kruse
- Download notes
- If you have questions you would like answered in an upcoming podcast, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.