Leadership guru and author John C. Maxwell taught the “Law of the Lid” in his book, The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership.
He describes the Law of the Lid this way,
“Leadership ability is the lid that determines a person’s level of effectiveness. The lower an individual’s ability to lead, the lower the lid on his potential. The higher the individual’s ability to lead, the higher the lid on his potential. To give you an example, if your leadership rates an 8, then your effectiveness can never be greater than a 7. If your leadership is only a 4, then your effectiveness will be no higher than a 3. Your leadership ability—for better or for worse—always determines your effectiveness and the potential impact of your organization.”
If this is true, and I absolutely believe it is, then the single most important impact on the growth of your organization or department is you. To grow your organization or department, you must grow.
Click continue reading below for the podcast notes.
Here are 8 steps to grow yourself:
- Plan your _____________.
- Open your Life _____________. The 5 F’s: F _____________. F _____________. F _____________. F _____________. F _____________.
- Determine your ______________.
- Make your ______________. What will you do daily, weekly, monthly, yearly to increase your net worth in all of your accounts?
- Work your ______________.
- Live the ______________.
- Stay the ______________.
- What are some tips to effective communication between quick processors and slow processors especially within a tense conversation.
- The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership by John Maxwell
- Becoming A Coaching Leader by Daniel Harkavy
- Today Matters by John Maxwell
- If you have questions you would like answered in an upcoming podcast, please email email@example.com.